Immigration Issues/Gay immigration


My mate is a student in England--we are hoping with the recent Mass. Supreme Court ruling, that we can be legally married in Mass. next summer. He wants to continue his schooling at the Univ of Md. Is there any info yet as to whether our marraige will be recognized in other states? Or do you think he should just try to come here with a stundent visa? Thanks in advance


I'm not sure if you can marry based on a student visa without residing in the state itself longterm. Each state has residency laws which ask that the individual be in the state a certain amount of time before getting a driver's licence. marriage licence, and so on.

If you would like to read an article that lists States permitting gay marriage, you can visit my site here

I hope this helps. Please write to me anytime.

Anai Rhoads

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Anai Rhoads


I can answer questions relating to immigration and policy post 911. If you`re interested in the history behind it or just want current updates, feel free to ask me.


I have interviewed, researched and written about this topic since 911.

Organizations, where you can find other articles I have written. I belong to the ACLU, Amnesty International to name a few.

Publications,,, New California Media, and several others.
I do not answer INS questions.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]