Immigration Issues/Green Card

Question
Hello, my father applied for an employment based Green Card in 2004, we got the "adjustment of Status" pretty quickly, but now for almost 3 years that has no changed. This situation is seriously hurting my chances of college admission/ application for financial aid. Is there anything I can do? (more specifically, can we request them to expedite this based on potential economic loss (college is expensive) of $200,000? I have also contacted my state's senator for help, and he, too sent in a request for information.

Answer
Nikolay,
Three years is certainly a long time. I am not sure why there is such a long delay. I cannot give you any substantial advise on this matter based on the information you have provided. I would suggest that you keep on enquiring your status with the immigration office. I do not think that you can expedite it based on economic loss.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan