Immigration Issues/Green Card


Hello, my father applied for an employment based Green Card in 2004, we got the "adjustment of Status" pretty quickly, but now for almost 3 years that has no changed. This situation is seriously hurting my chances of college admission/ application for financial aid. Is there anything I can do? (more specifically, can we request them to expedite this based on potential economic loss (college is expensive) of $200,000? I have also contacted my state's senator for help, and he, too sent in a request for information.

Three years is certainly a long time. I am not sure why there is such a long delay. I cannot give you any substantial advise on this matter based on the information you have provided. I would suggest that you keep on enquiring your status with the immigration office. I do not think that you can expedite it based on economic loss.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.