Immigration Issues/Green Card

Question
Is this a matter of law that she can continue to work, or is it just a standard practice? Does it make any difference that we are in California?

Thanks
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
I have an employee who has taken her US citizenship exam and has been approved, she is waiting a date for her swearing in ceremony. However, her green card is probably going to expire before the date of the ceremony. Can she still legally work in the U.S. after her green card has expired but is approved for citizenship?

Answer -
Even thoug the car dis expires the residence is good foever. She can work and if asked she should provide her expired card and the proof of filing for citizenship.

Robert

Answer
Sorry for the gramatical/spelling errors in my last response. I simply do not have time to review, when I am not getting paid. Immigration is Federal Law and applies everywhere. An unconditional permanent resident is given such status forever, unless they do soemthing - like a criminal conviction that gets their status revoked.

Robert  

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>