Immigration Issues/Green card

Can a person in India, whose family-based green card application is being processed, come to the U.S. on a F-1 visa(Student visa)?  

Unfortunately it is very likely that the application will be denied because of duel intent.  An F1 visa is a temporary visa for people who intend to study in the US and NOT-immigrate. IFf there is an immigration visa pending, then there is an issue of duel intent.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay

I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".

I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar