Immigration Issues/Green card and H1B

Question
my first stage - labour, second stage - i140 is approved...
3rd stage - 485 applied and pending as of jul 2007. Already recieved my EAD , AP to my hand..

I am getting married in couple of months...

1. Can i apply 485 for my wife immediately..
2. if she cannot apply 485 ...atleast can i get her an EAD as i have an EAD...
3. can i transfer my job to a new company even though 485 pending
4. In order to extend H1 ..do i need to be wit the same company
5. On EAD can i work part time for a different employer and work on H1 for my main company
6. is there anyway i can apply for wifes 485 faster as she also wants to work when in US...Atleast an EAD i mean.

Thanks

Sam

Answer

When you are married, your wife will be able to file I-485 (and associated applications such as employment authorization application) only when your priority date is current. This depends on visa availability in the particular employment-based category (EB-2, EB-3, etc.) in which you were sponsored.

You can change employers only if your I-140 is approved and your I-485 is pending for at least six months. Even then, you should be employed in the same or similar occupational category. However, I recommend that you continue to maintain H-1B status (by having the new employer file H-1B petition for you rather than working on EAD) so that your wife can remain in the U.S. in H-4 status. You can use your EAD to work a second job and still maintain H-1B status if you continue to also work for the H-1B employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora