Immigration Issues/Green card and PERM Advantage for Newly H1B worker

Question
Hello Ajay,

I am on the 1st year of my H1b job with the 1st employer of my career. When and under what circumstances the h1b worker is eligible to ask employer to apply green card for him? Does PERM have any advantage for newly h1b worker?

Thanks very much for your time and attention.

Toe

Answer

The employer can agree to support an employee for the green card process through PERM anytime. (The PERM application can be filed anytime oon or after March 28, 2005). The earlier that PERM is filed, the sooner you will receive your green card. You need to speak with your employer about whether your employer is willing to sign the PERM application. The employer has to be willing to advertise the position for which you will be sponsored, and we have information about PERM on the update section of our website here: http://www.h1b1.com/updates.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora