You are here:

Immigration Issues/I a a Green card holder in U.S and my fiancee is in U.k with student visa


I will be glad if you could answer this for me, I have a fiancÚ in U.K, he is there with a student visa. I am in U.S with a green card, I have been here for five years.  He is coming here in october this year because his sister invited him.And we are thinking of going to registry if he comes to visit. My question is can we get married here since he is coming with a visiting visa?

You can get married any time and anywhere you want. However, applying for his visa will be a bit tricky since you are not a US citizen.  I suggest you contact an immigration attorney, and have him or her explain to you the various options available to you. They can be a little confusing and complicated, but should be reviewed before rather than after you make a decision.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]