You are here:

Immigration Issues/Green card from marriage


Dear Alexander J. Hay,

I was introduced about you and this website by my friend who used to write to you before.

I am 26 year old woman from Thailand. I just got married to my husband in Jan 12, 2004. He is an American citizen. I was originally an F-1 visa holder and it is still valid. But my I-20 is already expired since Dec.15, 2003. Now I am going to apply for green card and all kinds of stuff like work permit and advance parole. Do you think my case will be easy? Am I considered illegal now? And I have heard that if I got an Advance parole and use that to take me back to my country, I might get a problem when I return to the states. Will it be possible to happen to my case? I really want to visit my parents in Thailand.

Please kindly answer me the above questions or advise me more about what I have to or should do. I really have no ideas about this stuff. Thank you very much.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

You are not illegal.  And if you get approved for an advance parole you should have no problem as long as you follow the rules.

The applications are not impossible to do on your own, but I have found a lot of people who simply cannot do them properly.  If you would like our assistance, we would be happy to help.  We have handled over 4,000 such visas, and we have acquired a high level of experience.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay III, esq.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.