Immigration Issues/Green card


I am under h1 visa. My wife has 1 year working permit because she applied for assylum. Now she works for my mother's business who recently opened a furniture gallery in US (my mother lives in indonesia), so this will be her child company, the parent company in indonesia.

Can the parent company in indonesia sponsor her for a green card?
If possible, I'd like to do it asap. Can you help me with the process?

Restu Kresnadi

You may have several options, hosever, there are several potential difficulties.  If your wife has not maintained a nonimmigrant status since she applied for asylum, adjustment of status in the US may not be possible.  Again, there are exceptions.  If you would like to schedule a consulation on this matter please let me know.  I would charge $100 for this consultation.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.