Immigration Issues/divorce and remarry


I am going to divorce my first husband and marry my current boyfriend. After that, he plans to apply me for a  green card. Do you think there would be any problem to get the green card or not? We have to hurry cos I am holding a student visa which still valid until next year January. We are not sure if we do it after my visa expires, it will be more difficult or not.  

Since you entered the country legally, it does not matter  whether your I-94 or visa expires or even if you are no longer attending school. Did your first husband file for your green card too? If so, you will have to prove that both marriages were not entered into just for residence.


Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.