You are here:

Immigration Issues/Greencard for a foreign spouse


my wife and I recently wed.  She came here on a tourist visa which expires 05/23.  We are looking to find out where we need to go from here. i was told several things by several attorneys, none of which we have retained yet.  Is it better for my wife to go back to europe and wait out the paperwork? or is it better she stay here and deal with this in country?  If she did leave, is there some statute that says she must wait a certain amount of time before being allowed entry back into the US and if so, how long?

She should do the paperwork here. If she leaves, she would have to stay out until her immigant visa is ready for her, which could take a year. It would be better for her to stay her. She will be able to get a work permit until she gets approved for the green card.

Let me know if you need a good attorney to process the paperwork - 516 487 0500.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]