Immigration Issues/H-1B and L-2

Question
 Hi Ajay,
  currently i have an H1-B visa stamped last month.My wife has gone to U.S last month on L-1.she has gone for 2 years.We work for the same employer.i don't see my employer sending me to U.S.Currently if i apply for L-2 what are the chances of getting L-2. will the officer can cancel my H-1 stamping.Also if i go to U.S in L-2 ,how much time it will take for EAD.what are the chances of getting job.Also any transfer of H1-B is possible...What are the options available for me.

Answer
Hi Arun,

You will be issued the L-2 visa without a problem, but the Consulate will probably cancel the H-1B visa in the process.

Since you are unable to enter the U.S. on your existing H-1B visa (unless you enter with the plan of immediately starting employment for the H-1B employer), you should apply for L-2 visa.

Upon entry to the U.S. in L-2 visa status, an EAD application should be filed with the USCIS, which will take about 2 or 3 months for approval.

You can change from L-2 to H-1B status within the U.S. in the future if you wish to do so.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora