Immigration Issues/H-1B transfer

Question
I'm having a H-1B transfer from Company A to Company B. I will be getting the
Receipt # (WAC #) of the transfer (to Comp. B) application in a week....after
which I can get on to the company B's payroll, as per their HR. And I will get
the actual documents in a couple of months from then.

I have a must-to-go kind of trip to India coming up in first week of November.
And during that trip, I need to get the H-1 Visa stamping done in Chennai.
Now, if I do not get my Company B's H-1 documents by that time, can I get the
visa stamping done with my prev H-1 (company A)? What explaination do I need
to give the officials there? If i join company B next week (after I get my WAC#),
I'll not have pay checks from Company A after that. Is it OK if I produce the
paychecks from company B at the US consulate in NOvember even if I'm actually
using company A's H-1 for stamping? Is it risky? Please advise

Thanks in advance

- Kishore

Answer
Hi Kishore,

You should not travel and apply for an H-1B visa at a U.S. Consulate until you have H-1B approval notice from Company B. If required, you can receive the H-1B approval notice in an expedited manner by converting the H-1B filing to premium processing. This can be done by filing Form I-907 as per http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-907.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora