Immigration Issues/H!B and COS approved

Question
Dear Sir,
My H1B and COS is approved and is valid from Oct 1, 07. My OPT was expiring on Jun 07. Before it expired, I got admission in another university from May 07 and continue to work on CPT. I withdraw from that university on 21 Sep, 07. One of the attorney told me that once you withdraw from CPT, you get 15 days to legally stay in US. My H1B was already started from 10th day after I withdrawed from university. MY question is - 1.) is this grace period rule correct? 2.) Since my COS was approved by USCIS doesn't it mean I can legally stay in the country?
I am planning to go to mexico for stamping. Can there be any issue in tht?
I appreciate for your time and help.

SS

Answer
SS,
1.  The grace period is 60 days and not 15 days.
2.  You can continue to stay in the US on H status.
3.  Should not be a problem for stamping provided you have all paperwork and show that you are a bona fide employee of your H company.
Good luck.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley