Immigration Issues/H1 B

Question
Hi
I am currently working for employer A in US. I came to India on a vacation.Before i came to India i got an offer from Employer B and i have given them all the documents for transfer of my H1 including the i94 copy which i had at that time. Now after this i have come to India for 3 weeks. so is it ok if employer B files for the transfer during the time when i am in India?

Answer

Employer B can file during your absence from the U.S., but if you enter the U.S. prior to H-1B approval through Employer B, the purpose of your entry must be to work for Employer A.

Therefore, do not give termination notice to Employer A--wait until your entry into the U.S. on the unexpired H-1B visa that you already have through Employer A.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora