Immigration Issues/H1-B Filed on April 3, 2007

I am here in US in B2 Status but an Employer has petitioned me for H1 Visa. We have filed the application on April 2nd (first day of filing), then my Lawyer has confirmed with the courier that it has reached the Vermont Service Center on April 3rd. Until now, we have not received anything from USCIS. Not even a Notice of Receipt. My Lawyer has not received yet too returned documents. Should I lose hope? Is there still hope that mine was approved or might have been chosen in the random selection. Or would it mean that my Hi petition did not reach the cap anymore? But they stopped accepting on April 4th, right? Just wondering what happened to my application..Thank you so much..This really helps...And another thing, if I dont get my H1 Visa, am I considered out of status??

Our firm has also not received receipts for a large number of cases that were filed on April 2.  You should worry but keep your fingers crossed.  You will not be considered out of status as long as your B2 is valid.
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient