Immigration Issues/H1-B Sponsorship from a Non-Profit

Question

I am currently based in India. A Non-Profit company based in Virginia is willing to Sposnor me. I have heard that Non-Profit Research Organisations or educational organisation are exempted from the Visa Cap. Now, the company that is sponsoring me is Non-Profit, with 501(c)(3) status, and impart Training Courses in Contracting and Management.

Can my H-1B Visa be exempted from the annual Cap ???
My company provides Training, not education. But "Training" and "Education" are somewhat synonymous ?

Please advice.

Thanks
Puneet Sharma

Answer
Punit:
To be be exempt from the H-1B quota the company should be a non-profit organization affiliated with an institute of higher education. I would suggest that you request the company to contact an immigration attorney to determine if it is subject to the cap or not.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer, Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan