You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1-B amend and transfer


My company sponsor me when I was using an J-1 Visa. When I applied for the H1 I was working on Baltimore. During my approval precess I was relocated to Georgia in the same position and the same salary. Now I got my H1B visa since October 1st. I found a new employer that want me and I he is going to pay the transfer fee but in my H1B visa said that Im working in Baltimore not in georgia even though is the same company and the same salary. I want to start the tranfer for I afraid because I don't know if immigration is going to approve it. What do I have to do??

Your present company should have amended the application to note the new location.  However, the employer/employee relationship still exists.  I feel that you should be able to get an new H with the new sponsoring company as we have done this many times in the past.  If you would like us to help you may contact me at
Good luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]