Immigration Issues/H1-B and job promotions

I am a current H1-B visa holder. I have already applied for my green card and change of status - currently pending.  Within my department at work I am up for a promotion as my boss is retiring.  What impact will this have on my H1-B and/or green card application?

Yes a material change in your job duties would affect your H and green card application. You would need to file a new H and you will have no longer the intention to work for the job indicated on your green card application.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,