Immigration Issues/H1 TO L1, L1 TO H1

Question
Currently I am on H1 for last 9months and my company wants me to change from H1 to L1. On this regard I have couple of questions.
1)I worked on the same company in India for 8months before coming to the same company on H1. In order to process for L1B should I go back to India and get L1B stamped and come as I worked only 8months in India?
2) Whether for the 5 years duration of L1B , my stay of 7months on H1B will be counted?
3) After completion of L1B, Can I go for applyin H1B again in the same company in order to stay more?

Answer

You would need to have worked for the company in India for at least one year during the past 3 years in order to be eligible for L1. Therefore, if you go back to India and work for another four months, the U.S. company can file L1 petition for you.

The 7 months you spent in H-1B will be counted towards the 5 years limitation for L1B. H-1B status allows an aggregate of six years in H-1B and/or L1 status combined.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora