Immigration Issues/H1 Transfer

Question
Hello,
     I am currently on an H1b visa and i moved to another state and would like to transfer my H1 to another company.I do not have any pay stubs from the company that filed for my H1.Is it possible or will i get into trouble.Thank you for taking time to advice us what to do.

Answer

The H-1B petition can be filed by the new company. However, since you do not have recent pay stubs, you should not work for the new company until the H-1B petition has been approved and you have been granted extension of status as well.

The USCIS will allow you to give an explanation as to why recent pay stubs from the company which had filed the earlier H-1B have not been submitted. If you can give a credible explanation (e.g., the employer did not pay you a salary through no fault of your own) then there is a greater than 50% probability of approval along with extension of status, with a new I-94 attached to the bottom of the H-1B approval notice. Good luck.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora