Immigration Issues/H1 Visa Stamping in Canada / Mexico

Question

I am on F1 - OPT that ends on July 15 th 2007. My H1 petition approval (Form I797) has a start of October 1st 2007.
How early can I book an appointment at a US Consulate in Canada / Mexico.
In other words, can I attend the Visa interview on August 20th?
PS - I understand that I can return to the US with a Visa only 10 days prior to the start of the employment date
Thanks

Answer
Phani:

You can apply for an the visa on August 20th but the issue would be your status in Canada during this period. So you should get a canadian visitor's visa to allow you to stay in Canada before you get to enter the US on H.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan