Immigration Issues/H1 Visa Stamping in Canada / Mexico

I am on F1 - OPT that ends on July 15 th 2007. My H1 petition approval (Form I797) has a start of October 1st 2007.
How early can I book an appointment at a US Consulate in Canada / Mexico.
In other words, can I attend the Visa interview on August 20th?
PS - I understand that I can return to the US with a Visa only 10 days prior to the start of the employment date

You can apply for an the visa on August 20th but the issue would be your status in Canada during this period. So you should get a canadian visitor's visa to allow you to stay in Canada before you get to enter the US on H.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,