Immigration Issues/H1 approved,H4to H1 COS denied.What are my options?

Hello Sir,
I got my H1 approved for this year.I was on H4 and travelled to India when the application was in process.For that reason my COS was denied.
I wanted to know if I can file for an amended petition for my application.What are the chances of it getting approved and how long will it take.I also want to know if this will be a better option than filing I-824 as I've heard it takes a lot of time to process.
I want to avoid going anywhere for stamping that's why I am looking for any other options.But If I do have to go for stamping which would be better Canada or Mexico?
I hope this explains my situation.
Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

I think that you should be able to file an amended petition on these facts. I understand that it does not fall strictly under the criteria for an amended application, but our firm had applied for couple and were approved. So I advise that you try this option first before going for the I-824.
Best of luck.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,