Immigration Issues/H1 b part time question

Question
I am planning to go to Canada for a couple of years and I am planning to switch to part time status with my job in US. Is there a specefic limit on the number of hours needed to maintain H1 b status. I plan to give my present H1 b for ammendment. Also do I need to get revalidate the visa again.
thanks

Answer
Dear Raj:

I do not think that you need to revalidate your visa again. An amendment to you H-1 should work in this case. There are other alternatives that could work (B-1 for example), but you need to contact an attorney with further details for him to evaluate.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Ramasamy Krishnan