You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1 b part time question


I am planning to go to Canada for a couple of years and I am planning to switch to part time status with my job in US. Is there a specefic limit on the number of hours needed to maintain H1 b status. I plan to give my present H1 b for ammendment. Also do I need to get revalidate the visa again.

Dear Raj:

I do not think that you need to revalidate your visa again. An amendment to you H-1 should work in this case. There are other alternatives that could work (B-1 for example), but you need to contact an attorney with further details for him to evaluate.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.