Immigration Issues/H1 visa

Question
My dad has an H1 visa and he filed an I-130 for me but it got approved November 4, 2006. I turned 21 October 29th, 2006. Will CSPA protect me or not? If not, what can I do to get a work permit?

Answer

The I-130 can be filed only by a permanent resident or U.S. citizen.

If your dad has H-1 visa, then you could have obtained H-4 visa status. However, even if you were earlier on H-4 visa status, you would no longer be in H-4 status on Oct. 29.

To obtain a work permit, an H-1B petition must be filed for you, but you need the equivalent of a bachelor's degree and a suitable job offer in order for the H-1B petition to be filed.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora