Immigration Issues/H1B

Question
Hello,

Do pastry chefs qualify for a H1B visa? Someone who owns a french restaurant in California is ready to sponsor me for it...but do I qualify?  There is no such a thing as a 4 years Bachelor degree in pastry... In France, the MOST ADVANCED degree in pastry is called  "Brevet de Maîtrise" (that's what I have). For exemple, with this degree I can open my own business and train other people.

What are my options?

Caroline  

Answer

An H-1B petition is not suitable since the position must require a bachelor's degree and in addition the employee must possess a bachelor's degree in the relevant field of study.

An application for labor certification would need to be filed for you by the restaurant in California and therefore you should speak to the employer about this. Further information is here: http://www.h1b1.com/laborcert.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora