Immigration Issues/H1B

Question
hi
my name is Mausam Gautam  and i am working in software firm India.My parents filed my petition in Jan 2002 and they are greencard holder
so can i got H1B now?.
is there any problem with my old petition ?
thanks in advance

Answer

The earlier petition by your parents will not interfere with issuance of H-1B visa. Therefore, you can enter the U.S. on H-1B visa status, and when a visa becomes available from your parents filing, you can file for adjustment of status in the U.S., but in the meantime you can be in the U.S. in H-1B visa status. H-1B visa status allows for intention to immigrate to the U.S., so you should be issued the visa at the U.S. Consulate without any problems.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora