Immigration Issues/H1B

Question
Dear Ajay,

In 2005, I worked for a private company A with H1B. In 2006, my H1B got transferred from Company A to a University (non-profit organization)  because I accepted a position at a university. At present I still work for the university with H1B. However I'm considering accepting a position from a private company B. In my situation, does it still count toward the H1-cap to have my H1B1 transferred since my original H1B1 was petitioned by a private company? Thank you.

Tony

Answer
Dear Tony,

Since the organization that initially filed H-1B for you was a private company, you are not subject to the visa cap again when Co. B (a private company) files for you. My answer takes into account that you are currently in H-1B status through a university.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora