Immigration Issues/H1B Change of Status

Question
Hi Ajay ,
In a previous answer to my question you had stated :
"The person can change status from F-2 to H-1B without worrying about the visa cap if he or she left the previous H-1B employer no more than one year before filing again for H-1B."

So if I am understanding you correctly that if a person who has changed from H1B to F2 and within a year gets an employer ready to sponsor H1B.
Then they can start work as soon as the new employer files for the H1B and not wait till the benefiacry receives the H1B ( in case of premium processing that would be 7-10 days). And also the conversion from F2 to H1B status change will not require the perosn to leave the country to fulfill the status change?
Thank you  

Answer
Hi Shyam,

You should wait until H-1B is approved before starting work for the H-1B employer (since the H-1B portability rules do not apply if changing status from one nonimmigrant status to another).

Since you will be granted change of status, there is no need to leave the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora