Immigration Issues/H1B Stamping

Question
Dear Mr. Ramasamy,

I plan to go for my H1B stamping in December of this year. I have been working for my current company in USA (I have done my MS from USA) since Oct 2006 and have an offer letter since then. There was a period of around 4 months in between this that I was on bench and dont have any paystubs from this company. However, I have just got another project and I will have paystubs from this same company from next month onwards.

Now my question is - will I require a new offer letter from 1st oct or will my old offer letter which is from oct 2006 work for my H1B stamping?  

Answer
Anjali,
You cannot get a new offer letter if you are already working for an employer. The offer letter is given to prospective employees before they join the company. So the letter you need to take is a current employment verification letter, stating your job duties, salary and description of the project.  I would also suggest that you take documents about your company, projects etc..
Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan