Immigration Issues/H1B Transfer and Green Card

Question

So if i transfer my H1B for next fiscal year, is it possible for me to apply for my green card in the sixth year of H1B. Can a new employer apply for my H2B visa and is it possible to apply for green card when i am on H2B visa. When is it possible to apply for H2B visa for the fiscal year 2007.

Thanks
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -

Thank you for your reply. Now I am getting confused, i hear that it's not possible to transfer an H1B visa from a non-profit to profit organization. Whether a retail pharmacy is  a non-profit or profit organization.

Thank You

-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
I am a Licensed Pharmacist in USA. Currently I am on H1B Visa and on fifth year of H1B visa with a non-profit organization.
1. I have an offer with a retail pharmacy and is it possible for me to transfer my H1.
2. As there is a shortage of Pharmacists can I apply for my Green Card of my own without an employer through a lawyer, if i don't have a job offer.
Thank You

Answer -
You can file for a transfer H-1. You can not petiiton yourself for a green card.

Robert

Answer -
The only issue with filing for a transfer H1 from a non-profit to a profit organization is that the new case is subject tot he cap which just ran out so you would not be able to apply for a transfer until 4/07 for work to begin in October 07.

Robert

Answer
The company can file for your green card now. They can apply for your H-1 on April 1, 2007. This way your Green card application will bepending mor than a year when your 6 years is up and you would be eligible for H-1 extensions in one year increments for your H-1 until your green card is approved.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>