Immigration Issues/H1B Visa transfer


I was in US for 5 months on H1 visa from employer A. Now I have come back to India and planning to transfer my H1 to an other employer (Employer B).
If for some reasons after joining Employer B and they are not in a position to send me to US, can I still transfer this H1 to Employer C and travel to US?

There is no such thing as "H-1B transfer". Every employer who wishes to employ you has to file a fresh H petition and get it approved. You are eligible to obtain a H visa through companies A-Z since you are not subject to the H quota anymore.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.