Immigration Issues/H1B question

Question
Dear Mark,

Another question please. That organization does not want to pay the premium processing fee. So I would have to wait several months to know if my case is approved. During that time, can I go out of the US? will it risk my H1B application? I will get an EAD card soon.
Many thanks,
Linh

Answer
In general if you have filed for a change of status you are not allowed to leave the country until it is approved.  Since I do not have all of the facts related to your case, I cannot tell you definately what you can or cannot do.  I would suggest that you contact an immigration lawyer for a consult to give you more information.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com  

Mark Ashley