Immigration Issues/H1B question


Dear Mark,

Another question please. That organization does not want to pay the premium processing fee. So I would have to wait several months to know if my case is approved. During that time, can I go out of the US? will it risk my H1B application? I will get an EAD card soon.
Many thanks,

In general if you have filed for a change of status you are not allowed to leave the country until it is approved.  Since I do not have all of the facts related to your case, I cannot tell you definately what you can or cannot do.  I would suggest that you contact an immigration lawyer for a consult to give you more information.
Mark Ashley  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.