Immigration Issues/H1B stamping - passport return question

Dear Mark,

I have completed my MS in MIS from SUNY-Buffalo and have been working with a consulting company in USA. I recently got my H1B visa a few months ago and I wish to go to India - Mumbai consulate for H1B stamping in Jan 2008. My question is - in the event that my H1B stamping is successful in India, how many days will it take for them to return my passport to me?

Thanks in advance!  

Usual procedure is to return the passport with the visa stamp the same day it is granted.  I suggest that you check the US consulate website for Mumbai to confirm this since every consulate has different rules.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient