Immigration Issues/H1B stamping

Question
I have a master's degree in CS(from USA). I work for a company "A" that filed my H1B based on my Bachelor's degree (from india) because I had not recieved my graduation diploma during april07-may07.My H1B starts october 07 and OPT ends on feb 08. Can I get my H1 stamped in canada or should I goto india as H1 was filed based on my Bachelors degree from india? Also, Do I need to get it stamped before my OPT expires or is it fine if I stamp it any time next yr?

Answer
Adi: There is no rule that if you get a non-US degree then you are not eligible for a visa. The consular officers are unable to ascertain the authenticity of your degree so generally refuse your visa application. In your circumstances I would go either to Canada or India. You can get it stamped next year.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com  

Ramasamy Krishnan