Immigration Issues/H1B stamping


I have a master's degree in CS(from USA). I work for a company "A" that filed my H1B based on my Bachelor's degree (from india) because I had not recieved my graduation diploma during april07-may07.My H1B starts october 07 and OPT ends on feb 08. Can I get my H1 stamped in canada or should I goto india as H1 was filed based on my Bachelors degree from india? Also, Do I need to get it stamped before my OPT expires or is it fine if I stamp it any time next yr?

Adi: There is no rule that if you get a non-US degree then you are not eligible for a visa. The consular officers are unable to ascertain the authenticity of your degree so generally refuse your visa application. In your circumstances I would go either to Canada or India. You can get it stamped next year.


Ramasamy Krishnan  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.