You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1B transfer in India after two month work in US


Hi. I have my H1B valid till Sep 2009. It was stamped in Nov 2006. Now i came to US for a visit of two months on April 2007. By June 2007 i will be back in India. I will be having three paystubs when i go back to India. Since i am planning to look for a new employment in the US, I would like to know whether i would be able to transfer my H1B to a different employer after going back to India. Or would i have to apply for new H1 for the new employer.


Whether you are in India or in the US if you wish to change employers, your new employer has to file a H-1B petition.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]