You are here:

Immigration Issues/H1B transfer past 6th year


I currently work for a US company under H1B. The visa expires before the end of the year. My employer filed for labor certificate back in Dec 2004 (pre PERM, non RIR).

Is there a way for me to change employers at this point ? In a few words, how ?

What would be the impact/consequences of marrying a permanent resident ?

Thank you.

Marrying a permanent resident will take 5 years for you to get a green card through unless she becomes a citizen in the meantime. You can change employers, but you will have to do a new labor case through PERM as the old case will be dead if it is not a genuine job offer. You can have the new employer file an H-1 for you and a PERM.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.