Immigration Issues/H1B versus EB Green Card

Question
I am currently under OPT and work as a music
publishing administration manager in New York. I would like to work in the
United States after the expiration of my OPT ( June 1,
2008). What would be my best option? Apply for H1B ( problem:cap and the
gap) or
start the procedure for an EB green card ( cost and timeframe)
)? What are the pros and cons of each option? (I have a meeting with my
employer soon....)Thank you.

Answer
Hi Christel,

There is no disadvantage (other than cost/time) in applying under the EB-1 category now. Filing will not interefere with filing H-1B petition as well in April, 2008 (even if the final outcome on EB-1 is still pending with the USCIS), since H-1B visa status allows for intention to immigrate to the U.S.

Moreover, you can self-petition under the EB-1 category. In other words, you do not require an employer to sign Form I-140. The EB-1 petition is filed using this form: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-140.pdf

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora