Immigration Issues/H1B1 for Singaporean

Question
Hi, actually I have two questions.

1) I'm now working in company A on H1B1 visa for singaporean. I would like to start my GC application, so I want to change my visa to the regular H1B. Can my company apply the regular H1B for me while I'm still working for them on H1B1?

2) Suppose I receive an offer from company B and they apply the regular H1B for me. Am I subject to the H1B cap?

Thanks a million times!

Answer

You cannot change to H1B (with the same employer) until your H1B1 status is about to expire. Then the extension of status can be filed as regular H1B. You will not be subject to the H1B visa cap.

If you change employers, the new petition can be filed anytime as regular H1B. You will not be subject to the H1B visa cap.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora