Immigration Issues/H1B1 Transfer

Question
Hi

I'm working in New York and have got a new job in Washington State. My new employer has filed for the transfer of my H1B 1 visa through premium process on 24th Nov 04. My employment with my present employer ends on 26th Nov 04 and I'm expected to join my new job in Washington State sometime in the first week of December. I have a couple of question regarding this

1) Is it legal to have a break of a few days between the two jobs?

2) Can I terminate my employment with my old employer after filing the petition but before I get the receipt from the USCIS?

Thanks for the information.

Answer
You really should address questions to the attorney handling your case.

Q1) Is it legal to have a break of a few days between the two jobs?

A1.  Yes.

Q2) Can I terminate my employment with my old employer after filing the petition but before I get the receipt from the USCIS?

A2.  You can always terminate your employment at any time with any employer.

James D. Mills, Esq.