Immigration Issues/H1B1 (USSFTA) Transfer

Question
Hello,

I am on H1B1 visa which was issued under US-Singapore FTA. If I want to change job, new company will file the H1B1 transfer. I want to know is it the same as normal H1B transfer procedure? Can I start work with the new employer once my transfer petition is filed? or Do I need to wait until the transfer is approved?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

K.S. Muthu

Answer
Hi Muthu,

You can work for the new employer as soon as the H-1B petition has been filed by the new employer. This is allowed under the portability provisions of the H-1B regulations. The transfer process for a U.S.-Singapore FTA is the same as a normal H-1B transfer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora