Immigration Issues/H1b Transfer


Dear Mr. Hollander,

I am on an H1b visa and have received a better offer from a different company. The latter also wants to process my H1b transfer so that I can start working with them as their employee following the transfer.

Can you please help me with the following questions:
1. What does the H1b transfer process involve in terms of paperwork, transfer fees, and other formalities?
2. Where can I find out more information on the details of the transfer?
3. Do you recommend the services of an immigration attorney? Will such a professional help me and my employer navigate through the entire process from start to finish?
4. How long does the entire process take?

Thanks in advance,

Filing a transfer is basically the smae as filing a new H-1 except for the box that is checked off on the form and the fact that your transfer petition is not subject to the cap. You can start working for the new employer as soon as the case is filed. You do not need to wait for approval. You can get an answer in 2 weeks if you give them an extra 1000 filing fee and file form I-907 with the filing. Having a lawyer that knows what their doing makes the process go smoother.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]