Immigration Issues/H1b change of status denial

Question
My H1b change of status got denied with the reason stated that I did not have status from the time my opt expired to october when they issue visas. This reason is not valid because after my opt expired i went back to school and have a valid I-20. What are my options? Should I apply for motion to reopen the case? If yes, what are the chances they'll buy my I-20 being valid argument?

Answer

Yes, a Motion to Reopen should be filed. Obtain a letter from the International Student Advisor at your university stating that you have been enrolled as a full-time student from [date] to [date] and that is change occurred before expiration of OPT, and that the SEVIS system for students was updated by the International Student Advisor to reflect your reinstatement as a full-time student.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora