Immigration Issues/H2B visa


I will be going to the states next month on H2b visa.I was wondering if I could have a green card after some time.Are H2b holders can proceed to apply for EB3-third preference category(unskiled)?  

perhaps, but it depends on your status, job circumstances, interest of the employer, etc.

There are too many factors to answer a question like that in this forum.

Go talk to the lawyer who handled your case (for the employer) and see if the employer will/can sponsor you.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.