Immigration Issues/H3 to H1B


hi,i  graduated with masters degree from a graduate school in California in DEC 2005. i joined company A and i am working for them on H3 visa which is going to expire on NOV 2007. i got a job offer from company B and they are willing to sponsor my H1-B . i want to know if company B need to have special previlages to sponsor me H1-B and if they do i think i can only start working for them from OCT there any clause that can help me work for company B from now until OCT 2007 with out beeing out of status?

I am sorry but according to the regulations,an individual on H 3 may not seek a change of status, extension, or readmission to the U.S. in H or L status until (s)he has resided outside of the U.S. for a period of six months.
Good luck,
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.