Immigration Issues/H4 to H1B transfer


Hi Krishnan,
I am having H4 visa stamped in jan-07 & want to transfer it to H1B.I am in USA since march 8th. I did my bachelors degree in science.can you help me by giving your expert opinion regarding the procedure which I should follow.Also I want to know the information that shall I be eligible to apply this year.
I shall be highly obliged if you answer my queries.

There are no H-1B visas available for this fiscal year. (Oct '07 to Oct'08) However you could be eligible for the next year's quota. The process would involve having an employer sponsor you for an H-1B visa by filing an application for you starting April '08.
Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.