Immigration Issues/H4 in case of H1 transfer

Question
Hi,I have a question regarding H1 Transfer. Situation is
The principal alien is the beneficiary of an H-1B visa petition by 'Company A'. The visa is valid for a period of two years (By the end of 2 years max limit of 6 years will be reached). The accompanying family member receives an H-4 visa for the same period reflecting the principal alien's employment with 'Company A'. Now if the principal alien changes employers. A new H-1B visa is petitioned for by 'Company B', and all procedures are followed so that the principal alien is never out of status. The validity dates on the H-4 accompanying family member's visa has two years remaining (same as principals new petition), but still shows 'Company A' as the H-1B petitioner and not 'Company B'.

Question: 1: Do the dependent H-4 visa holders are required to file I-539 from 'Company B' to maintain their status?
2: If we leave US then to re-enter do we need to get visa re-stamped in the name of company B

Answer

The family members maintain their H-4 status even though the principal applicant's employer has changed. The following article from our website supports our statement: http://www.h1b1.com/family.htm

The current visa in the passport (whether H-1B or H-4) is valid for travel as long as it has not expired even though the employer is different. The H-1B approval notice along with recent pay stubs of the new employer should be carried when traveling in case of any questions when entering the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora