Immigration Issues/H4 extension, out of status for more then 180 days

Question
We have recently filed for H4 extension approval after realising my husband's company didn't file for it. Unfortunatly we had crossed 180 days after expiry. Now we are looking a possible options if this approval is denied and worndering what all options we have. Please help...

Answer

If the extension is not granted by the USCIS, there is no appeal. You will need to depart the U.S. and possibly be subject to the 3-year or 10-year bars to entry to the U.S. My recommendation is to make sure that you depart the U.S. no more than 365 days after your I-94 had expired (even if your H-4 extension request has not been adjudicated by the USCIS at that time).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora