Immigration Issues/Hello

Question
Hi, my name is Donald and I was wondering if I could marry my girlfriend here in the USA? Well I came here when i was 12, and then I've been living here for the last 5 years. and i also work here illegally due to that i graduated from high school and I had to start a life by myself, and now I'm just working at a retail store, and I had been with my girlfriend since i was 16 years old, and now that I'm 18 I want to propose her to marry me because I love her. She suggested if we could besides marry each other, that it will be nice for me to have a legal residency here so that we could visit my family out of the country legally, and work here legally without having fear of getting deported. What do I do?

Answer
Donald,
You can apply for your green card after you get married to your US citizen girlfriend. But to do so you must have entered the country legally. If you have not I would suggest that you either stay as you are or consult with an immigration attorney on other options that may be available.
Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan