You are here:

Immigration Issues/Husband of 10 years still illegal


I am a U.S. citizen who has been married to an illegal Mexican for 10 years and we have a 9 year old son. We went to a lawyer in Memphis 5 years ago. My husband got a tax i.d. and my mom was his sponsor. The reason nothing happened is because my husband was deported before we got married and came back illegally a second time and then we got married. What can we do?  

The only way for him to get permanent residence is for you to file an I-130 and then for him to go back home and apply for 2 waivers. One for the fact that he was ordered deported and one for the fact he has been here illegally for over a year.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]